Rules and Regulations
FVHL Rules and Regulations (1991)
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED AND COVERED HEREIN, THE CANADA AMATEUR HOCKEY ASSOCIATION AND THE SASKATCHEWAN AMATEUR HOCKEY ASSOCIATION RULES AND REGULATIONS SHALL PREVAIL IN THEIR ENTIRETY.
- The league shall register with the SAHA each year as per SAHA regulations which will ensure insurance coverage to all league executives.
- All league teams must be registered with the SAHA and shall do so by completing the forms supplied by the SAHA and return such forms to the league secretary-treasurer before November 15 together with the necessary league and SAHA fees. The registration form and the SAHA registration shall be forwarded to the Executive Director of the SAHA.
- Postponement of scheduled games, except in the case of adverse weather conditions, must be arranged between the teams concerned at least 24 hours prior to the advertised time of the game. Games postponed in order to participate in an exhibition game will be automatically forfeited by the postponing team unless arrangements are made. Games postponed due to SAHA playoff commitments must be played within one week of the postponed time. All league games must be completed within one week of regular league play. Uncompleted games affecting league standing will be ruled on by the executive. All games must be played unless there is a mutual agreement between the two teams. If this fails you must forfeit your right to the play offs.
- The top four teams of each division shall enter playoffs with the first place team playing four place and the second place team playing third place etc. (where possible.) and the remainder of the league playing for the “B” side with appropriate playoff structure. In the event of a tie in the standings at the end of regular league play, SAHA procedures shall apply. The team finishing regular league play in the higher standing shall have the option of playing their first playoff game at home.
- Any player taking up residence in a league centre is eligible to play with that centre providing such player meets SAHA regulations and his name is properly added to the league and SAHA registration lists. An affidavit signed by the coach and manager of the member club, attesting to the circumstances must be forwarded to the league secretary-treasurer at the same time.
- Players must play in four league games in order to be eligible for league playoffs. The league officers may waive this rule in case of serious illness or injury.
- There shall be no overtime played in regular league games.
- Overtime shall be played in the second game of each series in the league playoff according to CAHA regulations.
- Any exceptions and/or special circumstances concerning player registration must be dealt with at an executive meeting and permission for such exception must receive the unanimous vote.
- Referees should be registered with the SAHA Referees division.
- All playoff games must be officiated by registered referees.
- It is recommended that the three man system of officiating be used at all times. The home team shall supply the referee and two linesmen.
- Should the two man system of officiating be used the home team shall supply both refs.
- Complaints concerning referees shall be forwarded to the league executive in writing and dealt with.
- The home team shall ensure that the game sheet is properly completed and forwarded to the statistician within one week of the game.
- It be an ongoing recommendation that all age groups be required to have goal judges for all league games.
- During playoffs, if two teams cannot agree on a referee, the league shall appoint a neutral referee for the games and the cost will be divided equally between the teams.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WAS CREATED IN 1991 AND MANY ITEMS CONTAINED IN THIS LIST NO LONGER APPLY.
FVHL DOES NOT REGISTER INDIVIDUAL PLAYER OR TEAMS WITH SHA.